“vs Goliath” above is my favourite shot of 2016. It was taken in March in Ballito, South Africa with a Fujifilm X100.
Check out the rest of the top 10 below. Click to enlarge.
Some interesting observations:
- 4 of the shots are on film.
- Only 3 of the shots are in colour.
- 3 of the shots are taken with a D700 I only recently bought in November.
- All of the shots have some sort of human element.
- All the shots are unposed, candid images.
- 3 of the shots are of strangers.
- Half of the shots are of my wife or children.
- All of the shots were taken in the afternoon with all but 2 after 16h00.
- 6 shots were taken with a 50mm lens.
- 7 of the shots were taken with an equivalent 50mm focal length.
- Only 1 shot (my favourite) is shot with a lens wider than 50mm.