“Red Balloon” was taken at my cousin’s wedding. I exhibited this image at the Black and White Group’s annual exhibition in November 2017. I spent some time in the darkroom at the Alternative Print Workshop to make 3 limited edition prints of this, the first of which was in the exhibition. Time in the darkroom is one of the most rewarding and inspiring things to do for a photographer.
Click thumbnails to enlarge.
Here are 2017’s interesting observations:
- All the images are black and white.
- 6 of the images are film, 4 of them digital.
- 5 of the images are with my newly acquired Voigtlander R4a and Leica Summicron 50mm f/2 Type III.
- 3 shots are from my trip to Namibia. Here’s my blog post on the trip.
- 6 of the shots are shot with a 50mm lens with no shots wider than 35mm (equivalent).
- Only 2 shots were captured with an SLR, 3 with a digital mirrorless and the rest with a rangefinder.
- 9 of the 10 shots have a human element, with the remaining one, arguably, having at least figurative elements.